The SMCBA is recruiting new panel members for the Lawyer Referral Service Program!
Do you practice in the following areas: Bankruptcy, Consumer Rights, Education, Environmental Law, General Litigation, Intellectual Property, Municipal Law, Legal & Medical Malpractice, Social Security, and Taxation?
If so, contact us today and download Lawyer Referral Service Program flyer.
Click here to register for the 10th Annual Speakers Series.
The Diversity Committee is proud to present its award-winning 10th Annual Speaker series.
When: October 4th, 2018 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: San Mateo County History Museum
“The Old Courthouse”
Redwood City, CA 94063
Ms. Nancy Appel, Anti-Defamation League
Ms. Heidi Beirich, Southern Poverty Law Center
More info coming soon!
SMCBA now offers audio and video self-study MCLE programs!
If you still need more MCLE hours, consider this sweet MCLE deal. Members and Non-Members can purchase self-study CD’s of Funky Credit Day 2018, and earn 7 hours of MCLE, including 4 hours of Legal Ethics, 1 hour of Elimination of Bias, 1 hour of Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection, and 1 hour of General Law.
The full video program is $175 for Members and $210 for Non-Members. Both Members and Non-Members also have the option of purchasing individual sessions; $45 per 1 hour of MCLE credit for Members, and $80 for Non-Members. To facilitate your study, you will receive the CD audio files and handouts for the sessions you purchase all in one CD.
Everyone can use more credits! To purchase the program today, please contact us at email@example.com or at 650.298.4030.
GROUP 1 (A-G)
Period: 2/1/16 – 1/31/19
GROUP 2 (H-M)
Period: 2/1/15 -1/31/18
GROUP 3 (N-Z)
Attorneys are required to complete a total of 25 hours of approved credit every three years.
- Maximum “self-study” hours: 12.5 hours
- Members must fulfill at least one-half of their MCLE requirement with activities approved for “participatory” MCLE credit.
- Special Requirements within the total hours required (may be taken as participatory or self-study):
- Legal Ethics: 4 hours (required)
- Competence Issues (formerly known as Prevention, Detection and Treatment of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness): 1 hour (required)
- Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society: 1 hour (required)