Come join Ellen Cookman for a lively and informative presentation on the basics of special needs planning. Ellen will answer the following questions, and more:
• In which situations are Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) required?
• What makes a SNT valid?
• How can you help your clients choose the right trustee for their SNTs?
• Should you draft a stand-alone or testamentary SNT?
• What are ABLE accounts and how can they benefit your clients?
• Can SNTs still capture stretch-out benefits for pre-tax retirement accounts, and if so, how should a SNT be drafted to ensure this?
Free for SMCBA EP Section members, $10 for non-members.