How do I report my compliance for the 2017-2020 Reporting Period?
If you are in Group 3 (N-Z), the deadline to complete your MCLE requirements for the 2017-2020 reporting period is January 31, 2020. If you completed your credits, submit your report of compliance no later than February 03, 2020 by logging into My State Bar Profile on the State Bar of California website and complete the Online Summary Log.
All active attorneys practicing law in California are required to complete a total of 25 hours every three years. If you are in Group 3 your 25 hours must be completed between February 1, 2017 through January 31, 2020.
- At least 12.5 MCLE hours must be “participatory” CLE credit.
- As part of the 25 hour requirement, attorneys must complete the following:
- Legal Ethics: 4 hours (required)
- Competence Issues (formerly known as Prevention, Detection and Treatment of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness): 1 hour (required)
- Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society: 1 hour (required)
Attorneys are responsible for tracking their own hours. The State Bar of California provides a Personal MCLE Log Form that can be downloaded and used to track MCLE hours. SMCBA members can view and download MCLE certificates by logging in to their SMCBA profiles. View the Instructions on How to Print MCLE Certificates.