The Race and Social Justice Committee’s mission is to develop a multifaceted approach to advance justice for all, including:
• Conducting a series of CLEs which will focus on education and specific actions that members of our legal community can take to help dismantle systems of oppression. Topics will include:
- Understanding Implicit and Explicit Bias in legal institutions
- Legal observer training
- Diversity and inclusion in hiring
- Jury selection and racial justice
- Racial discrimination in the Criminal Justice System, Housing, Education, and Healthcare
- Effective anti-racist ally-ship and advocacy
• Educating our communities of color through “Know Your Rights” workshops that include demonstration law, immigration law, housing law, voting rights and the criminal justice system.
• Encouraging our members to support social justice organizations with their time and donations.
Sharon K. Cho
San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office
222 Paul Scannell Dr.
San Mateo, CA 94402