The SMCBA Nominating Committee will soon be recommending a slate of nominees for the position of Secretary to serve for the calendar year 2022.We are seeking nominations for two new members of the Board of Directors to serve 1 one-year term to serve for the calendar year 2022 and 1 three-year term beginning in 2022 and ending in December 2024.
The Nominating Committee met in July and made recommendations to the Board for 2022. However, the Secretary position and two new board seats were created because the Governor elevated two current board members to the bench.
If you would like to be considered by the Nominating Committee, please submit a written application (in the form of a letter) addressing the following questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on the SMCBA board?
- Do you have any previous board service, leadership, or volunteer experience?
- Are you presently serving on other boards?
- How will the SMCBA benefit from your participation?
- What do you expect the SMCBA to do for you so that your experience on the Board turns out to be satisfying?
- What kind of time commitment will you be able to make to the SMCBA?
- Are you willing to serve on committees and task forces?
- Can we expect you to come to board meetings regularly?
Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings (online for now). The Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month at noon. Board members should also be able to invest approximately 5 hours per month of volunteer time in planning and support activities.
To be considered for a nomination to the SMCBA Board of Directors, all applications must be received at the Bar Association office, whether by email or regular mail, NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 17, 2021. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Send applications to:
Laura Mazza, Nominating Committee Chair
San Mateo County Bar Association
333 Bradford St., Suite 150
Redwood City, CA 94063
(Please mail or email only, do not drop off in person)
The San Mateo County Bar Association thanks you in advance for your participation!