MCLE Reporting Deadline
How do I report my compliance for the 2018-2021 Reporting Period?
If you are in Group 2 (H-M), the deadline to submit your report of compliance is February 01, 2021. To submit your report of compliance, log into My State Bar Profile on the State Bar of California website and complete the Online Summary Log.
All active attorneys practicing law in California are required to complete a total of 25 hours every three years. If you are in Group 2, your 25 hours must be completed between February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2021.
- At least 12.5 MCLE hours must be “participatory” CLE credit.
- As part of the 25 hour requirement, attorneys must complete the following:
- Legal Ethics: 4 hours (required)
- Competence Issues (formerly known as Prevention, Detection and Treatment of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness): 1 hour (required)
- Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society: 1 hour (required)
Attorneys are responsible for tracking their own hours and must report compliance to the State Bar of California. The State Bar of California provides a Personal MCLE Log Form that can be downloaded and used to track MCLE hours. SMCBA members can view and download MCLE certificates by logging into their SMCBA profiles. View the Instructions on How to Print MCLE Certificates.
For more information on credit details, exemptions and modified requirements, please visit the State Bar of California’s website.